Travel Plans

octubre 27, 2010

La Corrida de Toros (Bullfight)

 If you are squimish and don't like the site of blood...I suggest you skip this entry. This is my experience of the bullfight and there are pictures to go along.

A bullfight consists of:
  • 6 Toros (Bulls)--meaning 6 rounds of the same fight roughly
  • 3 Matadors (Each fight two bulls)
  • One of the bulls' ears is given to the matador at the end of each round if the audience likes him and both ears if he was exceptional
  • Lasts about and hour and a half

Keri and Natalie at the stadium (before the fight)

Bullfighting stadium

Procession of Toreros

Ending of the procession

Dance

First charge

Second charge (The red is not blood, they are banderillas

Pobrecito :(

Second bull thinks he's escaping and ends up in a circular ring

OLÉ

This is the final charge with the sword
After this I didn't take any more pictures since I couldn't really take it anymore. It's an experience, definitely, just not a good one. I would never pay for a bullfight ever again. After the first bull, you kind of want to leave since it is far too cruel to the bulls. I don't understand the "art"...and yes, bullfight is considered an "art", not a "sport". Three words: terrible. terrible. terrible.

Additional note: I hate bullfighting. (in case that didn't come across)

Un beso,

Steph

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario