Travel Plans

octubre 06, 2010

Nerja and First week of Classes

This passed weekend I went to Nerja, Spain. It's a beach town near Málaga in southern Spain and it is on the Mediterranean Sea. It was absolutely beautiful and for a much needed ::wink:: relaxed weekend, it was perfect. The only down-side was that there were so many British tourists, you'd think is was conquered by the UK.
I didn't take any pictures because I didn't have my camera, thanks to the marvelously intelligent people that work in the office at my school who labeled my package "Stephanie Buldstein"....wow. Here is a picture from the internet...

Beach in Nerja, Spain
This picture is actually pretty accurate since that beach on the bottom right is the beach we laid on the first day and on the second we were in the center of the picture. :)

When we got back from Nerja, we had to start classes, unfortunately. This week was the first week of classes and it's been hectic. By the end of the day on Tuesday, I couldn't help from thinking in spanish, since I had 8 hours of class that day. The schedule of my classes during the week are listed on the right toolbar as you're scrolling. Some people in other programs made a vow to only speak spanish whilst here, however, with this schedule on top of the fact that no one in my house speaks english, this vow may be non-optional for me.

Some pictures from Granada:
  (This happens to be my walk from home to school everyday)

My apartment building above a grocery store

Down the river

The River I live on (Same as previous picture)

A restaurant named Chicago right by my house! (Best American Ribs)-Sign in the window


Main walking street that is ALWAYS spotless



Best churros y chocolate!!! (That I have found)


The plaza of the Centro de Lenguas Modernas


Centro de Lenguas Modernas!!
Churros and chocolate are my new favorite midday snack...probably not the healthiest, but it's soo delicious. You basically dip things that look like huge things of funnel cake into very thick hot chocolate...it's delicious!! My gym membership is definitely coming in handy.


I will update more later. I go to Lagos, Portugal this weekend and I'll post after. (The travel plans are on the calendar at the top, if you missed it)

Un beso,
Steph

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario