Travel Plans

octubre 27, 2010

Lagos, Portugal: The End of the World

So for the weekend of October 9-10, I went to Portugal. It was beautiful...until it started raining....and it didn't stop until we were leaving. Although, it was quite a landscape with all the cliffs and the different types of towns.

The first night we decided to stay in the hotel and make our own food. Being in Granada and living with a family that cooks everything for you made us finally want to cook something for ourselves. 
The cooks

We also got to see "the end of the world", which is basically the place back before they figured out that the earth was round. People thought that the end of the world was right off of the cliffs of Portugal and passed where you could see, there was nothing.
Me along the cliffs at the end of Portugal
Our core traveling group at the End of the World (The World drops off near that sunset)
More pictures at the end of the world: Natalie, Lauren and Ashley


  Surfing: by far the best part of the trip. It was the first time I had ever been surfing and between the constant rain and being a nube...the ocean was not my friend. I never knew it was possible to involuntarily take in that much salt water. Surfing is just not my thing. I'll take a snowboard over a surfboard any day. It was an experience, but I think I'll stick with snowboarding and leave the surfing to Doug. Anyway, here are some pictures of my experience...

 The best burger I have ever tasted is below and found at a place called Nah Nah Bahs in Lagos Portugal.
Most delicious Burger I have ever tasted: Bacon, pineapple, cheese and grilled onions in BBQ sauce

Keri, Ashley and Natalie during dinner

Natalie testing her skills of disc tossing...

The Beach was a little colder than we would have liked...

Beach in Lagos




Dressed to take on surfing: Me, Keri and Lauren

Our surfing beach

My Classic surfing pose...that's about as comfortable as I was that day (Clearly a before picture)
This entry is a bit late, but two things I've learned. 1. Surfing is just not my thing. and 2. I must try and recreate that cheeseburger.

Until next entry, un beso,

Steph

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario